CURENT is committed to promoting diversity within all science, math, technology, and engineering fields. From kindergarten through graduate school, we strive to offer programs and opportunities that will both inspire learning and increase the motivation for students and educators.
- Promote, increase, and maintain the diversity of the Center's leadership, faculty, and students to levels above the national average for engineering programs
- Increase enrollment of domestic graduate students
- Increase the enrollment and the diversity of undergraduate students
Besides our own programs and efforts, the center also works with the College of Engineering Diversity Programs, TLSAMP, the National Society of Black Engineers, and additional groups to facilitate the most effective and accessible programs.
The center collaborates with various program on campus and provides project content for the following:
- Middle School Introduction to Engineering Systems (MITES)
- Introduction of Sophomores to Engineering Principles (INSTEP)
- High School Introduction to Engineering Systems (HITES)
Please follow this link to view additional programs that are in place to promote diversity within the engineering community at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.